Tuesday 13 September 2011

WILLEM DAFOES FACE


willem dafoes face is thick and troughed
and
capable of great menace and uncle openness.
he
is
on
my
TV
bank holiday Monday/in a comic adaptation.

he is burned onto my retina for three days.

     willem dafoes face!

     FOR THREE DAYS!

earlier that day;
got up late/shopped
forgot toothbrush/toothpaste/remembered fruit/sliced meats/first pressed oil
and
bargain scotch by the litre
that
weighed
my
basket
down.

i submitted boozey pomes about boozey nights
to
small websites snowed under
and
unresponsive.
i backed up photos of family and gin/they’re SAFE now.

but its
all without enthusiasm or joy or company -
i’m doing it cos i think i am meant to/it keeps the voices quiet...

then in the bath i’m ignoring knocking at the door
taking
coedine
with 
wine
and
in a towel in the garden the wind is blowing on my balls
and the lawn
is covered with its own browning corpses
and
i’m
waving an old boer sword around.

     anyone asks; 

     I’M WATERING PLANTS OK!

then i watched a whole film not knowing if i’d seen it before.
credits roll
and
still
i’m
not
sure.

now back to; comic adaptation with willem dafoes face
that SEARS
his flesh mold into me for THREE DAYS.

his FACE is
heavy
with
meaning and feeling
I cant put my finger on-
an epic visage that speaks out loud like the jesus he was.

1 comment:

  1. and there i was like a child torn between two fathers..
    thankyou. Mr.Nam

    ReplyDelete