Tuesday 3 January 2012

ADVENTURES BEYOND THE COMFORT ZONE; FAKE UNCLES

middle-aged couple who met me as a child
find I still have nothing to say.

I remember Her in a swimming pool big 80s bush escapes yellow bikini.
I remember Him dumping with the door open 
big house 
big dog 
big newspaper.

told they would see me tonight they do.
an adult now
bigger but
still
in
the
background.

birthday patrol boat dinner on the Thames.
I am tourist site night lit by the lights of London.
drinking more water than wine I blend as ambience
with the dinner jazz and gin and tonic sorbet.

I say ITS BOOZE GET IT DONE.
I say WHITE BOOTS DON’T MAKE A LADY.

after alone on Embankment I have one awesome cigarette.
shirt cuffs flutter free loose and celebrating
the
familiar beautiful under four city stars and hotel lights the
strangers in pairs arms locked stroll at the end of the night.

relatives goodbye with hugs
and
I realise I am standing
in
thin
street
sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment