Sunday 1 April 2012

THE BALLAD OF ALCOMABOOZE PT 2

Protest gulping
Blank looks
of strange knowing
Of course,
if you push,
mixing
Then you see the wrong glory
little girls
of vomit-tears on my cheeks,
crying
I am an
illystrated suicide
Pulling
at free life tides
We are a
slow burning classic
And we are not unheard
And we are misunderstood
We are
too subtle
and benevolent of gifts
and giving smiles
and the
vulnerability
of vomit tears
on my cheeks
Our irony
is liquid
and poured away
We are window shopping
both sides of the glass
We are wet Jesus
caught
in the brothel
at last
I am Low
with the Braille bottles
of the budget years
class
with the Diamond
of the London hotel
class
with the Sidecar of the Paris hotel
Low and class
in the council kitchen
smashing
Hemingways on the back step
We want to be noticed
We only want attention
And then
left alone,
take only our point
I say
only notice our song
Of the
elbow launching physics
The law of feeding
is discreet
we subverted
The liquid heat
don’t wash you out
We say look at us fall but
Watch us
not die
from this
utter state
we insist on
Playing on the wet ledge
in the cold nights
when only we
are warm
We say
I don’t need your coat
'Cos I’m going up this tree

We have
drunk you to nothing
and
allthing
with us alone
We can see through………the dozen heady stars
We may salad our words
Disgust at times
When we laugh too loud
When we blow on our ice-cream
And our hands
mean too much
With the crying tears
of vomit on our faces
even when we
don’t sick
And we insist
on the quiet times
we insist on
In forced darkness
of daylight rooms
with Eno on
We may have screamed at dawn
Screamed at the dawn,
blind horse arriving
Have short panics
like you never thought,
I freak in your
surprise
at the blind horse arriving

Speak in strong actions
Lay our bodies in the way
Bloated
softstacles
in action
silent
but noted for
retrospectives
on the road of progress

Evil we digress
In a sense
Self induced regress
To a warm place
excited at nothing
or wallowing in the
reeds of
yesterdays ambiguity
where there is
no doubt
no concern
Always
a small smile ready
on the sideline
of our lips
Or always
a small tear-hint
may glisten of
understanding
in our full eyes
Sparkling with
unkillable child beauty of night
And sure,
sometimes unsure
and wobbly for sure
Confused
prone to dithery
if surprised thinking
But its alright ma,
we are only free

We compact and combat
the microcosm
and the macromasses
stuck in the mainstream
Hidden in clothes
I would ask you temping conjurer
Are you sane?
Yes, you would have to say
I would note delusional
On my gibberish pad for sketching
And go on my cold-glass way

Be a scrappy insurgency
Take your hits early
And grow, old sot
To Lush westwards
on the blankest of Wednesdays
You must take the ripping piss
From all
till they are dead-

I may not
remember yesterday at all
But I see
the ashtray on the TV
And I see
no cigarettes anywhere on the TV
And I recall
the seaside nights
and the hills of dawn
In detail
booze-thick
and lit by mortal fear
Because there's protest bright
shining deep in here
And I may not
remember yesterday at all
But I sometimes
take pills with my
drink/drink
And I am tall

Only smell shit
and the flowers
My own snot
in widescreen hours
I am the heavy dog
barking ‘NOOO!’
In swift gulps
of hunger and necessity
Make my brain,
chrome hard,
think softer
And display
cognitive dissidence
Am I a dolphin
or a porpoise?
Our pavement difference
is your double yellow same
And we toast
in Tuesdays with glasses
Solid small overflowing disasters
Of shots,
hits and chasers
Because
As long
as evil
is here
We will be
drink/drinking
A danger to myself
and your compassion


No comments:

Post a Comment