Friday 12 October 2012

PARTY, PART 9


so, 
mount the steps by toking smokers into the long dark bar
of gold and black wood
my
shirt
is
too tight/too brown
and there is a long lurid red cut on my forehead 
where i crushed a beer can last night
drinking out on the dew wet lawn

and

there SHE was
back to me/talking

her man tall by her side

so, 
i hurtle by calling out 
where's the toilet? 
to some vague acquaintance

i wipe the street sweat from my head/i cant go in cold!
not street fresh!  dazzled blind by traffic and humanities holes!
hot steam 
clogs my arm pits
and
itches the corners of my face

no,

yes,

i hide in the toilet to regroup
(dazzled! dazzled? yes)
i not seen her since before LAST XMAS when my optimism was at its
blind valium height

and 
NOW

i'm fresh from the rain on the street - DAZZLED 
and shaky early drunk

been hassled by a lost couple misunderstanding an A–Z
looking for some closed meat market
and i'd asked them directions
to this bar

to this bar/to this bar

where i see HER
my uber muse 

i never ever touched


No comments:

Post a Comment