Tuesday 22 April 2014

JOHN LOCKE AND GEORGE HARRISON - CELL MATES !



dusty prison yard / gutters thick with clay from rain / football game marked out by torn red flags and boots dragged in the dirt

i move my sleeping bag and army stamped blankets away from the young mother / hungry for isolation / and from my new found half-brother / when ever i see him i say WHO'S YOUR DAD ?

half-brother - he's ugly / he's a flake / a looser

me and john locke got an escape plan / looping inner tubes in secret around the wooden walls

guards in the adobe hut in the south corner watching the game / the game is loud / the air wet with old rain / dust drying and rising / mens yells

theres a hiss like snakes / like a truck tire burst on a dirt road rock 

puncture 

i mend it best i can / the tubes are mixed with underpants and split rubber hose strung out in split strings like kids cheese

use george harrisons guitar / twist it all back secure and inflated with the fretboard / george sees me from the goal line / stays quiet / realises its for the good of all

move my sleeping bag and blankets back to the young mother 
and dim half-brother / full of regret and i apologise in tears

she cries too / he is sleeping / lazy / my narrow space next to the old pram still vacant

john locke looks on in scorn / beard grown bushy like a mountain man / uses mind tricks to make the three year old tap dance angrily on my chest / a warning . . .

i wake / a hungry cat is gently sliding
big
claws
down 
my 
cheeks

purring like he'll burst



from yalenusblog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment