Monday 20 November 2017

NO SHIT LITTLE FRIEND



i had a little friend
once upon a time

and he would say
motorbikes are the safest
cos you can jump free
in a 
traffic accident 
situation

he said that
no shit

my little friend

~

and
my little friend
moaned
about
the
walk
home
after the pub so much
i used to carry him

he would call me his cart horse
and say giddyup horsey

we had no cash for a cab
he had no money for rounds
i had a bottle for the road

my dreams were blinkered
under 
the
inconstant trumpet moon
and
strength was all i had

for me
for my little friend
for anyone

~

and one time

i dont know why

but
i kicked him in the kneecap
with my work boots on
and he fell down a hill
where the town stopped
and the marsh started

and now i never understood this
but he was always keen
to re-enact this event

he was
no shit

and i was always willing
to kick
my little friend
in the kneecap
with my work boots on

~

hes gone now

to the
southern hemisphere

and
the
last
time
i
saw
him
was in awful daylight 
outside the library
cos he wouldnt
come out
for evening drinks
anymore

he must stay in
he said
to polish his parents brass

my little friend said that
no shit

~

i wonder how he is
and if he remembers his cart horse
like
i
remember
the
jumper
he
wore
that would ripple with flames
if you threw a lit match at him

and
we
all
did
that




Image result for motorbike accident

from mocktheorytest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment